Thursday, October 30, 2008

New Music Thursday: Fun Music

Newcomer Eric Hutchinson has had a song out for a couple months that I did not know about until the other day. I know it isn't exactly "new music" as it has been out for a while, but I loved the song and wanted to make sure I blogged about it. Rock and Roll is fresh, light, and would be a great summer song (too bad its almost Halloween). Nevertheless, it is fun and very entertaining.

I love Jon McLaughlin. I think he is so amazingly talented and better than Jon Mayer any day. His first release, Indiana, was fantastic and it is still in our car and we listen to it all the time. Then he followed that up with an Oscar nominated song "So Close" from Enchanted. Now, his sophomoric release, OK Now, is equally fantastic and I am so glad to hear new stuff from him. You Can Never Go Back is 70s type disco feel song that ironically chants that we can never go back to the past. Its catchy, fun, and a foot-patting good time! Listen and see if you don't feel the same way.

No comments: