Monday, October 13, 2008

It was the Best of Times, It was the Worst of Times

Saturday was one of the best days. I went to my friend Angela's wedding and it was absolutely so much fun. I saw friends I hadn't seen in 4-6 years. It was like we never left college. We danced, drank, told stories, reminisced and most of all, laughed. It was fantastic. Here is a video of when Angela and her new husband Jamie came in to the reception.



So you can imagine the high I was on when the world around me seemed to collapse on Sunday night when my mom called and told me that my grandmother had passed away. She lived a long full life and I am grateful for the time I got to spend with her. I don't wish that she were still here with us. I am glad that she is home, in no pain, and with her daughter and husband who she hasn't seen in almost 40 years. The only thing I am sad about is that she didn't get to meet Brody. But that is a selfish desire and its not like they won't meet. They will meet one day. But instead of it being 3 months until they met, it will be more like 80 years. That will be a good day and I hope I am there to introduce them!

No comments: