Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Christian the Lion

This is one of the best videos I have seen in a long time. It really doesn't help my affinity with lions but sure proves my point as to why I LOVE these big cats.

The following video synopsis is from youtube.

So these two people (still in the 70's evidently) raised this lion cub who they named Christian, and sadly he got too big for them to take care of so they decided to release him to live as a wild lion. Well, in this footage, a year has passed and it looks like Christian's adapted to living with a pride of lions when his old (70's like) friends come back to visit him. Watch closely and you can see the look of pure disbelief that dawns on his muzzle- it's awesome. ^_^ Next thing you know, we have a heart warming reunion. Not long after, members of Christian's pride approach and even they seem to accept Christian's human friends.

I think this video is such a wonderful picture of how God (the Lion and the Lamb) greets us whenever we come seeking Him. All we have to do is walk out into the wilderness and God shows up. Yes, its scary because we don't know what we will find or what reaction awaits us, but His gentle nature just propels Him to jump up on us and throw His big paws around our neck and give us every communication that simply says "It's so good to see you!"

I hope you enjoy and let me know what you think.

No comments: