Thursday, May 22, 2008

I'm Excited

I'm Excited to go to Florida tomorrow on vacation.
I'm Excited that I am having a boy!
I'm Excited that David Cook won American Idol.
I'm Excited that I discovered Justin Nozuka's latest album (Listen to "After Tonight"--He is also going to be at Mercy Lounge on June 4th.)
I'm Excited for the LOST finale next week.
I'm Excited that friends prayers are being answered.

But I am deeply saddened today for Steven Curtis and Mary Beth Chapman whose 5 year old daughter was tragically killed yesterday in an auto accident. The details of the story are here. Last night Jess and I were talking with Mike and Michelle about how sometimes we think that only bad parents let bad things happen to their kids and how stupid that is of us because bad things could really happen to any child at anytime. We all realized how fragile life was. Then only about an hour later we got the news of the Chapman's daughter. Having a child on the way only makes me more aware of the fragility of life. I know God will use this to bring them to a deeper understanding of Him and use this tragedy for His ultimate good. So while this horrid time of sadness and mourning looms, if there is one hope that the family can have, it is that the love of the Father will transcend time and emotion and the family will all be reunited in eternity....and I'm excited for that.

2 comments:

.::Jess::. said...

I am excited all of the things you are excited about too love! Can't wait to spend a week with you! I love your precious tender heart and I am so thankful for you!

Time of Joy Photography said...

I am excited too about your new baby son. I am his great aunt and I cannot wait. He will be a blessed child.